Wednesday 5 December 2007

So I decided to to fall for an internet meme.

Rules:
1. Put your music player on Shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT(this is in capital letters, so it is very serious).

1. IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY? 'Nice Day...For A Funeral', Overkill

2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY? 'Hairdresser' - ZZ Top

3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? 'Hope' - Rush

4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY? 'Interview with Blind Guardian'. Really. It's a bonus track on their new album. 12 minutes of men with odd Germanic voices talking.

5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE? 'The Midway' - Acid King

6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO? 'You Don't Understand' - Sebastian Bach

7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU? 'Slash Your Face' - The Hookers

8. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS? 'Skalds And Shadows' - Blind Guardian

9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? 'Thanx For Nothing' - Overkill

10. WHAT IS 2+2? 'Loaded' - ZZ Top

11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? 'Parking Banshee' - Gentleman's Pistol

12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE? 'More Human Than Human' - White Zombie

13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? 'Another Stranger Me' - Blind Guardian

14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? 'Take You Down With Me' - Sebastian Bach

15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? 'Bare Bones' - Overkill

16. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? 'New Machine' - Overkill

17. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? 'After All (The Dead)' - Black Sabbath

18. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? 'Widow Maker' - Gentleman's Pistol

19. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? 'Silver > Blue' - Thurston Moore

20. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? 'The Main Monkey Business' - Rush

21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? 'Turn The Page' - Blind Guardian

22. WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS? 'Dry Run' - Acid King

I'm not a big fan of Blind Guardian. I have their latest album on my mp3 player because a friend asked me to check it out, during the course of a lengthy and no doubt anorakish discussion of power/epic genre of metal BG belongs to. I am a big fan of Overkill, whose discography I'm in the process of rediscovering. White Zombie was a favourite for a while in college, and a trip down memory lane today. Rush's new album is pretty good and Sebastian Bach's is awesome. As is Thurston Moore's new solo outing. I've only recently discovered Acid King, and can't get enough of that fuzz. I like fuzz a lot - hence also Rhythmeen, one of ZZ Top's fuzziest albums. The Hookers are a very infectious rock/punk/metal hybrid band who ought to be better known. I don't know much about them myself, but a friend tipped me off recently. Gentleman's Pistol is a new UK-based band who play hard rock in the 70s vein, a bit like a more raucuous Witchcraft (who are basically spooky hard rock, even if they claim they play doom metal).

Some of the selections have me convinced that my mp3 player has a sardonic, cruel sense of humour and hates the whole human race, especially me.

1 comment:

K said...

I am posting mine tonight but I don't see any concrete analysis coming up. It's simply random. You will of course hate all my music - some of the songs I didn't even know I had on my player came up!

Why no online today? One girl threatened to resign today, would have been fun.

Widget_logo